Introducing Anne Blakeney's Virtual Book Club

Years (and three addresses) ago, I belonged to an amazing book club whose members had been meeting for decades. Each month, the hostess got to pick the book (so long as it was available in paperback) and offered up wine and dessert during a fun discussion.

Photo by Stefan Steinbauer on Unsplash
I was the group's youngest member, but I enjoyed their perspectives -- and the personal stories that inevitably surfaced.

I just haven't found a group like that since then. As I was trying to figure out how to make my author page more engaging and fun, I thought, Why not start a virtual book group? We can discuss the chosen book and author in a Facebook group ... and that way, no one has to worry about baking dessert or making it to a meeting.

I'll pepper the club with some book giveaways (thanks to Amazon's giveaway function) and we'll vote as a group about the selections by the 15th of each month. I'll kick things off by suggesting we read Celeste Ng's Little Fires Everywhere in February.

And ... click here for the details on how to enter to win a free copy of the book: 





  • (The giveaway ends Jan 23, 2018 11:59 PM PST. Only residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible to enter.)

Wondering how to join?

Follow my Facebook author page (https://www.facebook.com/WordsbyAnne/) and you'll find Anne Blakeney's Virtual Book Club as a linked group. 


If you have any suggestions for a book to read in March, don't be shy -- go ahead and suggest it in the group comments!

Comments

Popular Posts